8 Ways Acupuncture will Benefit your Health
Practised in China for more than three thousand years, acupuncture is a part of a complete system of medicine known as Traditional Chinese Medicine (TCM). Acupuncture is increasingly accepted throughout the Western World as an adjunct to or in place of western medicine. Other aspects of TCM include Herbal Medicine, manipulative therapy (Tuina/massage), diet, relaxation and special exercises (Qi Gong).
Acupuncture involves the insertion of very fine, sterile disposable needles at specific points on the body. In all treatments sterile, disposable needles are used.
- Acupuncture is an entirely drug-free healthcare system. It works by restoring the body’s energetic balance by stimulating the body’s natural healing ability.
- Acupuncture effectively relieves pain, restores energy and improves individual health and wellbeing. Women can be treated for any complications of pregnancy without causing any harm to mother or baby, although certain acupuncture points need to be avoided if there is any likelihood of miscarriage.
- Acupuncture can be used to treat most diseases and illnesses as well as physical injuries such as sport injuries and joint mobility. It is dramatically effective in the alleviation of pain, whether acute or chronic.
- Cosmetic acupuncture and facial acupuncture offer a natural alternative to invasive cosmetic surgery. Chinese doctors have been using points on the face for thousands of years to help combat signs of ageing in men and women and to help skin conditions.
- Daily stresses, lifestyle choices and injury upset our natural balance and lead to physical and emotional symptoms. By identifying the root cause of your symptoms Acupuncture can activate specific energy points on your body to help bring both body and mind back to health. MRI scans show that acupuncture triggers the body’s healing process by calming the central nervous system, regulating hormones and releasing endorphins.
- Treatment is aimed at the root of your condition as well as your main symptoms. This approach helps resolve your main problem but also enhances your general wellbeing. You may notice other niggling problems resolve.
- Acupuncture will help you sleep better and feel less stressed.
- Acupuncture is now prescribed by most health insurance policies for certain conditions and there is much research into the effectiveness of acupuncture as a treatment.
Get in touch today to book your treatment.
David Hankey – Acupuncture Cork